Shainberg, First Warshauer Congregation

Shainberg, First Warshauer Congregation
Click To Enlarge
  • Item #: S264
  * Marked fields are required.
Qty*
Price $350.00

Abe Shainberg - First Warschauer Congregation

Original Watercolor

11" x 15"

Framed in gold wood with cream mat

This magnificent synagogue was built by a Romanian Congregation in the 1880's and then taken over by the remnants of the Jewish population of Warsaw, Poland. It was located on the Lower East Side at 58-60 Rivington Street. Rabbi Nathan Shainberg of Warsaw was the active Rabbi for 27 years until his passing in 1975.

On the facade surrounding the circle of light is the inscription "This is the gate of the Lord where the rightous come to". The Ten Commandmants are seen embedded in the bricks below the circle of life.